On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Describe the underlying biological mechanisms associated with the development of prostate cancer.
- Discuss the implications of staging and grading of prostate cancer for a man's prostate cancer journey.
- Discuss current treatment approaches for the management of different stages and grades of prostate cancer.
- Discuss the possible early and late effects associated with surgery, radiotherapy, and androgen deprivation therapy (ADT) in the treatment of prostate cancer.
- Analyse factors that might influence the treatment decisions of men with prostate cancer.
- Use evidence-based approaches to facilitate the ability of people affected by prostate cancer to participate in decisions about their treatment and care according to their preferences.
- Implement evidence-based interventions to respond to the health needs of people undergoing the various treatments for prostate cancer.