On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Discuss the implications of classification of childhood ALL for the individual's cancer journey.
- Discuss current treatment approaches for childhood ALL.
- Use evidence based approaches to facilitate the ability of the person affected by childhood ALL to participate in decisions about treatment and care, according to their preferences.
- Identify the implications of treatment approaches on childhood functioning across all domains of health during the treatment phase and in the longer term.
- Explain the role and function of MDT members in ensuring optimal treatment and support for people affected by childhood ALL.
- Implement evidence based interventions to respond to the supportive care needs of people affected by childhood ALL.
- Tailor supportive care interventions to an individual's personal, developmental and social circumstances.
- Explain methods for reducing procedural distress in children.