On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Interpret key epidemiological trends in cancer incidence, mortality and survival in children.
- Discuss the unique characteristics of children and the impact of cancer on this population group.
- Explain strategies the SCN may use to promote early detection of ALL in children.
- Implement strategies to provide information, education and support to the child and their family when undergoing investigation of symptoms indicative of ALL.
- Describe common responses and experiences of parents when their child is diagnosed with cancer.
- Implement evidence based interventions to respond to supportive care needs of the child diagnosed with ALL and their family.