On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Describe the pathophysiological features of the different types of breast cancer.
- Discuss the implications of staging and histopathology of breast cancer for a person's breast cancer journey.
- Discuss the key supportive care needs of people diagnosed with and undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
- Discuss current treatment approaches for the management of different types and stages of breast cancer.
- Analyse factors that might influence the treatment decisions of people with breast cancer.
- Use evidence-based approaches to facilitate the ability of the person affected by breast cancer to participate in decisions about their treatment and care, according to their preferences.
- Implement evidence-based interventions to respond to the supportive care needs of people affected by breast cancer.
- Tailor supportive care interventions to an individual's personal and social circumstances.
- Discuss strategies to improve cancer control efforts in rural and remote settings.