On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Explain the key components of Australia's population screening program for breast cancer and the rationale for this program.
- Identify the factors which may influence women's participation in screening programs.
- Describe early detection strategies for people who have an increased risk of developing breast cancer.
- Explain strategies the SCN may use to promote early detection of breast cancer.
- Describe common concerns and reactions of people with new breast symptoms.
- Implement strategies to provide information, education and support to women undergoing breast cancer screening or investigation of new breast symptoms.