On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Discuss the implications of staging of colorectal cancer for a person's colorectal cancer journey.
- Discuss key supportive care needs for people diagnosed with and undergoing treatment for colorectal cancer.
- Discuss current treatment approaches for the management of different stages, histologic types and sites of colorectal cancer.
- Apply evidence based pre- and post-operative nursing care for people undergoing surgery for colorectal cancer.
- Identify the possible early and late effects associated with modalities used in the treatment of colorectal cancer.
- Implement evidence-based interventions to respond to the health needs of people undergoing the various treatments for colorectal cancer.