On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Evaluate the evidence for the benefits of population-based screening programs for colorectal cancer.
- Identify factors which may influence a person's participation in screening programs for colorectal cancer.
- Explain strategies the SCN may use to promote early detection of colorectal cancer.
- Identify implications of a genetic predisposition for colorectal cancer for early detection strategies.
- Describe common concerns and reactions of people with symptoms which may be associated with colorectal cancer.
- Implement strategies to provide information, education and support to people undergoing colorectal cancer screening or investigation of symptoms of colorectal cancer.