On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Describe the underlying biological mechanisms associated with the development of melanoma.
- Discuss the implications of staging and grading of melanoma for a person's cancer journey.
- Discuss key supportive care needs for people diagnosed with and undergoing treatment for melanoma.
- Discuss current treatment approaches for the management of different stages and grades of melanoma.
- Describe evidence based pre-and post-operative nursing care for people undergoing surgery for melanoma.
- Identify the possible early and late effects associated with modalities used in the treatment of melanoma.
- Implement evidence-based interventions to respond to the health needs of people undergoing the various treatments for melanoma.