On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Discuss recommendations of key cancer organisations in Australia regarding early detection strategies for melanoma.
- Explain strategies the SCN may use to promote early detection of melanoma.
- Identify valid self-detection tools available for individuals and groups within the community and advocate for their appropriate use.
- Describe common concerns and reactions of people with signs and symptoms associated with melanoma.
- Implement strategies to provide information, education and support for people undergoing investigations to detect melanoma.