On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Examine the supportive care needs of people affected by oesophageal cancer between and after active treatment.
- Implement evidence-based clinical and supportive care nursing interventions for the person between and after active treatment for oesophageal cancer.
- Appraise nutritional support interventions for the person following treatment for oesophageal cancer.
- Collaborate with other care providers to ensure a coordinated, planned and documented approach to meeting supportive care needs for the person following initial treatment for oesophageal cancer.
- Make appropriate and timely referrals for psychological care and support for the person with oesophageal cancer.
- Analyse factors which may influence a person's adherence to recommended health care interventions following treatment for oesophageal cancer.