On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Discuss the implications of staging of osteosarcoma for a person's cancer journey.
- Discuss the key supportive care needs for people diagnosed with and undergoing treatment for osteosarcoma.
- Discuss current treatment approaches for osteosarcoma.
- Use evidence-based approaches to facilitate the ability of the person affected by osteosarcoma to participate in decisions about their treatment and care, according to their preferences.
- Identify the implications of these treatment approaches for the functioning of AYA across all domains of health during the treatment phase and in the longer term.
- Implement evidence-based interventions to respond to the supportive care needs of people affected by osteosarcoma.
- Tailor supportive care interventions to an individual's personal, developmental and social circumstances.
- Discuss options for fertility preservation for AYA affected by cancer.
- Discuss advantages and disadvantages of specialist treatment facilities for AYA.