On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Interpret key national and international epidemiological trends in AYA specific to cancer incidence, mortality and survival.
- Discuss the unique characteristics of AYA and the impact of cancer on this population group.
- Identify barriers to early detection of AYA cancers.
- Explain strategies the SCN may use to promote early detection of osteosarcoma in AYA.
- Implement strategies to provide information, education and support to people undergoing investigation of symptoms of osteosarcoma in the AYA population.