On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Analyse the SCN's role in facilitating the transition to palliative care for people affected by AYA cancer.
- Analyse the supportive care needs of people with advanced and progressing osteosarcoma and their family and carers across all domains of health.
- Liaise with all members of the MDT to promote the exchange of appropriate information to ensure that the needs of AYA and their families are addressed.
- Provide people affected by AYA cancer with age appropriate information to enable them to understand treatment options and make informed decisions about interventions for their end of life care.
- Discuss the impact an AYA's death would have on family and friends and suggest appropriate supportive interventions.