The aim of this module is to develop the ability of the Beginning Specialist Cancer Nurse to demonstrate competence across all domains of practice when caring for the person receiving antineoplastic agents for cancer.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Perform a comprehensive health assessment on a person prior to, during, and following antineoplastic agents.
- Analyse clinical, psychological and social data to formulate and implement an individualised plan of care for the person having antineoplastic agents.
- Provide effective nursing care to prevent, detect, and manage early and late effects associated with antineoplastic agents.
- Demonstrate effective educational strategies in providing individualised information to the person having antineoplastic agents.
- Demonstrate safe practice in the care of the person receiving cytotoxic agents.
- Demonstrate competence in the administration of antineoplastic agents.
Approximate hours of learning: 20 hours