The aim of this module is to develop the ability of the Beginning Specialist Cancer Nurse to apply fundamental concepts of cancer care across all domains of nursing practice.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Describe the experiences and common concerns of people affected by cancer across the cancer journey.
- Outline unique needs and nursing care considerations for individuals affected by cancer at specific developmental stages.
- Appraise common personal and community beliefs regarding cancer and its management.
- Describe the core nursing functions which contribute to improved experiences and outcomes for people affected by cancer.
- Describe principles for delivering effective cancer services and their application in local service models.
- Actively participate in continuing professional development activities relevant to development of nursing practice at a beginning specialist cancer nurse level.
Approximate hours of learning: 24 hours