The aim of this module is to develop knowledge of concepts fundamental to the ability of the beginning specialist cancer nurse to demonstrate competence in providing supportive care.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Identify key supportive care needs for people during and after treatment for cancer.
- Demonstrate safe and effective assessment of supportive care needs during and after treatment using evidence based frameworks.
- Implement supportive care interventions that are tailored to an individual’s clinical, personal and social circumstances.
- Identify supportive care needs of people affected by advanced and progressing cancer across all domains of health.
- Implement evidence based interventions to support people affected by cancer to optimise their functional abilities at the end of life, consistent with their preferences and abilities.
Approximate hours of learning: 20 hours