The aim of this module is to develop the ability of the Beginning Specialist Cancer Nurse to demonstrate competence across all domains of practice when caring for the person having radiotherapy for cancer.
On completion of this module, you should be able to:
- Perform a comprehensive health assessment on a person prior to, during, and following radiotherapy.
- Analyse clinical, psychological and social data to formulate and implement an individualised plan of care for the person having radiotherapy
- Demonstrate delivery of effective nursing care to prevent, detect, and manage early and late effects associated with radiotherapy.
- Demonstrate safe practice based on ALARA principles.
- Demonstrate effective educational strategies in providing individualised information to the person having radiotherapy.
Approximate hours of learning: 20 hours