On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Identify cancer incidence, survival and mortality rates for the Indigenous population.
- Describe factors contributing to trends in cancer incidence and mortality in the Indigenous population.
- Identify the most common cancers types affecting Indigenous Australians.
- Discuss cultural influences on perceptions of health and illness.
- Access relevant Federal, State and Territory Government resources relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health care.
- Discuss strategies to reduce cancer risk among Indigenous peoples.