On completion of this section, you should be able to:
- Explain the constructs of cultural safety.
- Describe characteristics of Australian Indigenous cultures.
- Understand the impact of significant events on modern Indigenous history.
- Use a cultural appraisal framework to identify cultural factors relevant to cancer nursing.
- Apply principles of cultural respect in providing care to Indigenous people affected by cancer.
- Demonstrate effective communication processes when interacting with Indigenous people affected by cancer.