On completion of this supporting resource, you should be able to:
- Explain the role of radiotherapy in the treatment and palliation of cancer.
- Outline the key concepts of radiobiology.
- Describe various methods for delivering radiotherapy.
- Discuss principles of radiation safety.
- Discuss the experience and impact of radiotherapy on the various domains of health.
- Implement interventions to prevent, detect and manage common health alterations experienced by people undergoing radiotherapy for cancer.
At times, you will have learning activities to complete. Click on the learning activities button and a list of questions will pop up. The questions will relate to the content you've just read or the video you've just watched.
Resource links are included throughout the resource. These links lead to interesting articles or websites, and are designed to encourage you to explore other available resources.
Cancer Australia. (2017) EdCaN module: Fundamentals of radiotherapy for cancer, version 2.2.