Assumed knowledge and related information
- EdCaN module: The Biology of Cancer
On completion of this supporting resource, you should be able to:
- Discuss haematological and immunological principles of HSCT.
- Explain the role of HSCT in the treatment of cancer.
- Outline the various methods of HSCT.
- Discuss the experience and impact of HSCT on the various domains of health.
- Implement interventions to prevent, detect and manage common health alterations experienced by people undergoing HSCT.
At times, you will have learning activities to complete. Click on the learning activities button and a list of questions will pop up. The questions will relate to the content you've just read or the video you've just watched.
Resource links are included throughout the resource. These links lead to interesting articles or websites, and are designed to encourage you to explore other available resources.
Cancer Australia. (2017) EdCaN module: Fundamentals of haematopoietic stem cell transplantation, version 2.1.