- Classification of targeted therapies.
- Factors influencing the selection of targeted therapies for cancer.
- Role of targeted agents in the treatment and palliation of cancer.
- Methods for administering targeted therapies.
- Future directions in therapies on various health domains.
- Prevention, detection, and management of common health alterations experienced by people receiving targeted therapies for cancer.
On completion of this module you should be able to:
- Explain the role of targeted therapies in the treatment and palliation of cancer.
- Outline the classifications of targeted therapies used in the management of cancer.
- Discuss principles for administering targeted therapies.
- Discuss the experience and impact of targeted therapies on the various domains of health.
- Implement interventions to prevent, detect, and manage common health alterations experienced by people receiving targeted therapies for cancer.
- Discuss the challenges of targeted therapies for cancer treatment now and in the future.
At times, you will have learning activities to complete. Click on the learning activities button and a list of questions will pop up. The questions will relate to the content you've just read or the video you've just watched.
Resource links are included throughout the resource. These links lead to interesting articles or websites, and are designed to encourage you to explore other available resources.
Cancer Australia. (2017) EdCaN module: Fundamentals of cancer targeted therapie, version 2.