The National Professional Development Framework for Cancer Nursing defines the core domains of practice and associated competency standards expected of nurses at various levels of practice. It provides a structure for the development of competency assessment tools (CATs). Competency assessment tools have been developed for:
- antineoplastic agent administration (PDF, 282kb)
- care of febrile neutropenia (PDF, 310kb)
- therapeutic communication (PDF, 283kb)
- management of central venous access devices (CVADs) (PDF, 282kb).
An assessment fact sheet: Performance assessment using competency assessment tools (PDF, 222kb) has been developed to provide:
- background information about the development and design of the competency assessment tools
- educational theory underpinning competency assessment tools
- methods of recording performance in competency assessment
- instructions to guide assessors/ educators when using the EdCaN Competency Assessment Tools for clinical skills.